White Out Resist Background by Susanne

Hi my dear crafty friends.

Susanne here today. A while ago I watched a video by Marion Emberson on the WOW! YouTube channel and I loved what she did. I've never heard about an embossing resist technique with acrylic paint. But it works perfectly and if you use white paint you'll get a wonderful shabby chic look.

Enjoy the video!



Here are some close-ups and detail information:


I used a heart die from Die-Namites and covered it completely with WOW! Perissa powder. The little black heart is embossed with Black Glint powder. The stamp is from the Layered Hearts stamp set. I used the tiny stamps to add a little bit more interest on my old book paper.


This super sparkly heart is cut from a piece of cardstock where I added double sided tape before cutting. I used Fab Foil Gold scraps and the brand new WOW! Sparkles Celebration on the sticky side.


Thank you for stopping by today!
xx Susanne

Supplies:
WOW! Just Saying Stamps Set
WOW! Layered Hearts
WOW! Clear Gloss Powder
WOW! Embossing Pad
WOW! Heat Tool
WOW! J'Adore
WOW! Sprakles Celebration
WOW! Black Glint Powder
WOW! Perissa Powder
DCWV Burlap Paper Stack
DCWV Kraft Paper Stack
Die-Namties Heart die
White Arylic Paint
Ranger Archival Ink
Old Book Pages
Crealies Stitched Rectangles
PanPastels

Where to Buy:

Comments

  1. I love all the hearts Susanne especially the large die cut and beautifully embossed one all on that great organic burlap. A gorgeous creation. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial, its a technique I have never seen before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DELIGHTFUL!
    THANK YOU for sharing and INSPIRING!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment