Mixed Media Canvas Wall Art

Embossing powders can color almost any material that can take the heat.

I am not naturally inclined toward mixed media but I have tried a couple of canvas projects with my WOW embossing powders, and I came up with one I like.


This year's trend of home state shapes in everything from jewelry to decor inspired me to add a California piece to the beach themed guest bath.

I taped off strips on an 8"x8" canvas and inked the canvas with clear Versamark ink one stripe at a time. I heat set regular gold embossing powder to these stripes.

After heat embossing, I removes the tape then used a shade of yellow to paint the alternating canvas stripes.

For the state shape, i used a template to cut out California's outline from thin cardboard. I inked the shape then used ultra high copper, 2 layers, to emphasize the shape. This was adhered to the canvas with strong wet glue.

My Golden state creation was fun to make and looks great on the wall!






Comments

  1. Your California shape looks so good with the extra thickness given by the Ultra high powder. Great canvas idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taped off strips on an 8"x8" canvas and inked the canvas with clear ... ccanvaswallart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment