Family Mini Album

Hello! Birgit here today with an embossed mini album cover. 

To create this cover I combined two ways of embossing. Dry embossing with embossing folders and heat embossing. Using these 2 together can create awesome effects.




I first stamped my cardstock with yellow ink to add some extra interest. Of course you could use pattered cardstock as well but make sure to use light colors and small prints to get the nicest result.

I added Versamark on the higher parts of one side of the inside of an embossing folder. To do this lightly push the whole ink pad to the folder surface but be careful not to push to hard or you will also cover the lower parts Then I put the cardstock in with the side I want to be heat embossed (so the stamped side) towards the Versamark and run it through my Big Shot. After that I added Metallic Copper embossing powder to the dry embossed cardstock and heated it.



For the cover of this album I used 2 pieces of cardstock with 2 different embossing folders and applied them on a piece of cardboard.

The wooden heart was embossed with a combination of Paprika and Pomegranate. The little chipboard butterflies were embossed with Paprika and while the embossing enamel was still hot I pressed a rubber stamp in it to create some texture. Wait a few seconds to let the hot enamel cool down before removing the stamp.


Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful New Year's Eve and a very happy, healthy, joyful, creative and inspiring 2014!!

Happy crafting!


Comments

Post a Comment