In love with Red and Black and WOW powders

Hello, my dear crafting friends! Irit is here again and this time with a small tutorial.
Lately I am a kind of Washi tape addict , so I decided to try to stamp and to heat embossover those tapes and also it works, but with  some catch after all.(Continue to read ...)
First of all pick your tapes and adhere some pieces over a non sticky plastic (I used the cheap baking reusable backing sheet, also I have this Ranger fancy one, the small and 2$ piece is just fine).


Now pick some small stamps : I picked heart strip   from With Gratitude set and a heart from It's a  Bird set. Now stamp  over your tape. I used white ink and  Opaque Bright White Wow Embossing powder, but it can be any Clear  embossing  ink and any other powder colors as far as it's visible over the washi tape.


And now for the catch: after I made my heat embossing, the delicate adhesiveunder the tape  became useless. So we can  grab our  tapes and to adhere them over our project, but then we need to secure them a bit with some other glue. I found that 3d Glossy Accents  works  just perfect over the tapes and I got this shiny look too.
So here is my final project: kind of a card or a Thanks note, made with Glitz and 7 Gypsies cards and ATC base, covered around the edges with Cable Red and Ivory  Black powders.
I also stamped some leaves from the same stamp set and a Thanks sentiment.


Now grab your washi tape and try this fun technique. Washi are trendy and lovely and even cheap as they last forever.

Comments