All dolled up with Wow Embossing Powders

Today I am using my Cheery Lynn Dies along with some fabulous stamps and embossing powders from Wow Embossing Powders by the lovely Suzy West.
I cam across this adorable bookmark on Etsy:


I always look at things and think..ooh, I could do that even though I do not have the exact supplies the original was made out of.  With all my Cheery Lynn Designs dies, I knew I would be able to make my own version of this Japanese Kokeshi doll.  I also knew I wanted to use all of my WOW EMBOSSING GLITTERS and WOW STAMPS to accentuate the patterned papers I was going to use for the doll.
Here is my version...


My doll is much bigger than the bookmark and I have turned it into a plaque rather than a bookmark.


For the doll and clothing I used Scalloped Circle Stackers and Scalloped Oval Stackers.


I enhanced the dies and patterned paper with the Wow Embossing Powders and Stamps. You can see the sparly patterns on the dress and the background and I used one of the WOW STAMPS from the "CALL ME" for the doll's hair.


The flower and lace embellishments are made with the dies called:  Queen Anne's Lace, Buttons1 and the MediumMiniature Roses.


The final touch was applying the sweet sentiment from, "CALL ME",  to the individual Pennant.


I just love how this cute little doll turned out and I hope you do also.
This has been Jeannie with The Polka Cabana with today's post.

Colors used:
Whirly Pop
Earthtone Pepper
Sierra Sunsrise
Angel Wings
Neutral Ultra Shimmer

Stamps Used:
CALL ME
FLOWERS
GRATITUDE
BUILD A BUTTERFLY

Comments

Post a Comment