Mother's Day Basket

Hello again, here I am ready for my second post.
I decided this month to make a basket for Mother's Day using the Flourescent Powders - fab colours!

I cut the flowers from double sided paper using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and attached them to wire stems so that they would go into the oasis. The centres are ready made paper roses dipped into embossing powder and the leaves were stamped, embossed and cut out using the Personal Impressions Fauna stamps. I stuck them to the underside of the flowers to add bulk to the arrangement and also added some other paper flowers I had - of course I embossed them first with clear powder to give them some shine. The butterflies from the Build a Butterfly stamp plate were stamped onto vellum using silver EP and then the wing inserts were stamped with the flourescent powders. I doubled up the butterflies with acetate strips in between so that they 'float'. A nice big bow to finish and there you have it - an everlasting basket!

Powders used: Flourescent Pink, Yellow, Blue, Green, Tickled Pink, Cerise, Magenta & Orange.
Silver Super Fine.
Stamps: Build a Butterfly
Fauna   



Comments

  1. Fab. I just want to touch it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely basket Rach, don;t let Tania eat it lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic. Very inspiring and such a beautiful gift for Mothers' Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they are fab! Don´t forget you are not allowed to watering this flowers!!! ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so pretty. love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment